Some details may be speculative, and may turn out to be incorrect. The content of this article will be released: January 26, 2018
Filming began on March 14, 2016, and the film was originally set to be released in theaters February 17, 2017. However, due to the injuries Dylan O'Brien sustained while filming, the release date was pushed back by nearly a year. The precise date was changed several times, with the release date now being January 26, 2018.
"In the epic finale to the Maze Runner saga, Thomas leads his group of escaped Gladers on their final and most dangerous mission yet. To save their friends, they must break into the legendary Last City, a WCKD-controlled labyrinth that may turn out to be the deadliest maze of all. Anyone who makes it out alive will get answers to the questions the Gladers have been asking since they first arrived in the maze."
- Dylan O'Brien as Thomas
- Thomas Brodie-Sangster as Newt
- Kaya Scodelario as Teresa
- Ki Hong Lee as Minho
- Rosa Salazar as Brenda
- Giancarlo Esposito as Jorge
- Aidan Gillen as Janson
- Will Poulter as Gally
- Dexter Darden as Frypan
- Walton Goggins as Lawrence
- Patricia Clarkson as Ava Paige
- Barry Pepper as Vince
- Jacob Lofland as Aris
- Nathalie Emmanuel as Harriet
- Katherine McNamara as Sonya
- In October 2014, Wes Ball stated that if he did return to direct this film, it would not be split into two movies.
- On April 18, 2015, it was confirmed the film would be released on February 17, 2017 and will not be split into two parts.
- On March 4, 2015, 20th Century Fox officially greenlit the third book. T.S. Nowlin will write the script.
- On September 16, 2015, it was confirmed that Ball would return to direct the third film.
- On January 18, 2016, it was announced that filming would begin on March 14, 2016.
- On March 14, 2016, The Death Cure began filming in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- On March 18, production was placed on hold when Dylan O'Brien was seriously injured while filming a stunt scene involving a car where he fractured either his cheekbone or orbital socket.
- As of April 29, 2016, production has been delayed indefinitely to allow O'Brien to fully recover from his injuries. The film's release date was also delayed to January 12, 2018.
- Production resumed on March 2, 2017, with filming taking place in South Africa. 
- In April 2017, Dashner confirmed on his Twitter that the movie's release date had been changed again, this time to February 9th, 2018.
- In August 2017, the release date was changed yet again, this time to January 26, 2018.
- The first trailer was released September 25, 2017.
- The second and final trailer was released December 8, 2017.
- Filming for Maze Runner: The Death Cure was stopped due to alarming injuries suffered by actor Dylan O'Brien, who portrays Thomas, but has since resumed.
- Confirmed cast members, as of 13th April 2016 (according to IMDb), consist of Dylan O'Brien, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Rosa Salazar, Ki Hong Lee and Dexter Darden.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 ‘Maze Runner: The Death Cure’ Sets T.S. Nowlin To Pen - Deadline
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Death Cure on Twitter: "Maze Runner: The #DeathCure NEW release date is January 26, 2018. Gladers, get ready!"
- ↑ http://www.slashfilm.com/the-death-cure-movie/
- ↑ http://www.thewrap.com/maze-runner-star-dylan-obrien-severely-injured-on-set/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/wesball/status/837398426555932672