Some details may be speculative, and may turn out to be incorrect. The content of this article will be released: 2018
Maze Runner: The Death Cure is an upcoming movie based on the 2011 novel The Death Cure by James Dashner. The film will be directed by Wes Ball and distributed by 20th Century Fox. Filming began on March 14, 2016, and the film was originally set to be released in theaters February 17, 2017. However, the release date has been moved back to February 9, 2018, due to the serious injuries Dylan O'Brien sustained while filming.
Production history Edit
- In October 2014, Wes Ball stated that if he did return to direct this film, it would not be split into two movies.
- On April 18, 2015, it was confirmed the film would be released on February 17, 2017 and will not be split into two parts.
- On March 4, 2015, 20th Century Fox officially greenlit the third book. T.S. Nowlin will write the script.
- On September 16, 2015, it was confirmed that Ball would return to direct the third film.
- On January 18, 2016, it was announced that filming would begin on March 14, 2016.
- On March 14, 2016, The Death Cure began filming in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- On March 18, production was placed on hold when Dylan O'Brien was seriously injured while filming a stunt scene involving a car where he fractured either is cheekbone or orbital socket.
- As of April 29, 2016, production has been delayed indefinitely to allow O'Brien to fully recover from his injuries. The film's release date was also delayed to January 12, 2018.
- Production resumed on March 2, 2017, with filming taking place in South Africa. 
- In April 2017, Dashner confirmed on his Twitter that the movie's release date had been changed yet again, this time to February 9th, 2018.
- Filming for Maze Runner: The Death Cure was stopped due to injuries suffered by actor Dylan O'Brien, who portrays Thomas, but has since resumed.
- Confirmed cast members, as of 13th April 2016 (according to IMDb), consist of Dylan O'Brien, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Rosa Salazar, Ki Hong Lee and Dexter Darden.